(un)informed confusion
~ and other odd oddities ~

6.25.2006

After spending, oh, I dunno, a good hour trying out blog URLs, I have finally settled on informedconfusion.blogspot.com as the new World Wide Web home for the crap I now and then enjoy writing in customizable virtual print...

Well, actually, I haven't 'settled' on it so much as I have balked, avoided and then squirmed my way into posting on it (and not, coincidentally, the 'others'); I also registered doubterscompanion.blogspot.com and larochethink.blogspot.com. After some internal deliberation, debate, and mud-slinging, I decided that neither of these alternate URLs are particularly original, let alone accurate. I have two reasons. First, the former is a book title (clue: I didn't write the book); second, the latter, picked from Orwell's fabulous linguistic pompadour, implies that I actually think once in a while, an assertion that is absolutely preposterous.

(Anyone who knows me will confirm this, though some mild prodding with a stick may be necessary. Please, use discretion when prodding).

THEREFORE, thus, henceforth, and herewith (but not heretofore, never heretofore: it's a stupid word), this URL will be used. And abused. And loved. And then abused again. And so on.

*cough*

BUT BEFORE you scatter, hear me out. The current URL didn't come about through a process of elimination. I am not that robotic. Instead, I have other reasons. First, the URL is nonsensical, but not so nonsensical that it makes no sense. Second, though long in number of letters, the URL is actually quite easy to remember. Third, I had my friend Riley Hennessey vet a few ideas, and he chose this one. Finally, the whole lot of it makes good use of the letter F.

(Please, do not ask me to qualify that last one. If you don't get it now, you never will.)

To ensure that the proper amount of confusion is avoided, I will post redirect links on the other URLs.

Zat is Ahl.
Scatter!
再见。

3...thoughts from my fellow Saturnalians:

  • this is CLASSIC Laroche right here.... it's like I'm in your thought process... and it's CERTAINLY confusing.. I'm not sure about informed though ;)

    By Blogger Forward Looking Canadian, at Sun Jun 25, 11:12:00 p.m. ADT  

  • I might put "(un)informed confusion" as the title :)

    Better than "informed certainty." Well, maybe not. But I think that was taken.

    Also, if any of you have tips on colours, websites to add, etc., do tell. This is a work in progress.

    By Blogger C. LaRoche, at Sun Jun 25, 11:45:00 p.m. ADT  

  • I honestly never thought I'd see the day that Chris LaRoche entered the world of blogging. Welcome to the dark side...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Jun 26, 09:19:00 a.m. ADT  

Post a Comment

<< Home