(un)informed confusion
~ and other odd oddities ~

6.26.2006

我的网站是出生!

Thus the blog is born...

Yes, the blog now goes forth, spouted from the womb of hyper-text markup language in an orgy of flying virtual bits and pixels.

And what a birth it was! I spent almost all of last night fiddling and changing and linking and perfecting and polishing and making last-minute daring trips to the lavatory so that I could bring you the visual splendour that you now see.

(Translation: I made a couple minor modifications to a pre-designed blog layout. I then spent the rest of the night flipping between CPAC and TV5.)

I suppose that, because my previous post was a non-post with some actual post characteristics, or an actual post with too many non-post characteristics, it would be wise of me to now christen this blog with an actual post featuring none other than actual post characteristics (or, if you prefer, an actual post with an acceptable level of non-post characteristics).

By this confusion, of course, I mean that I should write an actual post with actual thoughts and meaning and thrust of argument. Instead of just bolding words at random and inspiring the masses with vapid blogoric. Now that the blog is born. You know, to 'get this party started'.

(On an aside, this is what my undergraduate-level "guide to writing a good essay" says. I haven't read the rest of this guide, though, so I think I'll ignore this advice and continue to write without including any thrusts or arguing. I don't want to mentally or physically harm any readers, after all.)

* * *

So, what you see is what you get. I have some links on the right. Please do click on them, because I get paid per click. In blog dollars. Which is something so glorious you wouldn't possibly understand. So don't ask.

Also on the right is a shrine to Christ, er Chris, me, the author. If you feel so inclined, you can visit my full profile. As a warning, it sucks just as much as the small one on this page.

Also also on the right, or at least coming soon to the right, will be a list of fun and fantastic links of my own choosing. I may compartmentalize them because the links themselves will likely point to sites ranging from the serious to the completely banal. Do click on them when they appear, though. Blog dollars.

(Don't ask!)

I am also trying to figure out how to give my posts specially-marked titles. If you know how to input this coding into a page that doesn't already have it, please send me a shout.

As for the blog itself, my mandate is written out in spectacularly ineloquent English in the right-hand navbar. Let me make this clear: this is a place for alternative news, thought, and interaction. And by alternative I mean that while most online news sources try to cater to their readers, this blog will alternatively cater only to my own virtual self-congratulatory desires. Just thought I would warn you.

*cough*

Finally, of course, there will be posts to follow. With less bolding. I promise. Feel free to not read them.

Cheerio!
再见。

4...thoughts from my fellow Saturnalians:

Post a Comment

<< Home