(un)informed confusion
~ and other odd oddities ~

6.27.2006

why writing my thesis is fun (太好了!)

For those of you who may not know, my "Master's thesis" entails a dissection of East Asian power politics with the supposed conclusion that "all" can be explained by the North Korean nuclear dilemma. I say "Master's thesis," because, as of 8:33 p.m. on Tuesday, June 27, 99.9% of it still exists locked in a room somewhere at the back of my head — where it should be, of course. And I say "all" because I have no real ****ing clue what I'm talking about.

Hopefully the fine people over at UBC's Simons Centre for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Research aren't reading this. If they are, uh, hello, and ah, don't worry, everything is under control and, ah, uh... being well looked after... by the, ah, the fine lads at the Guinness Corporation!

Aherm...

On a more serious note, the thesis is shaping up. I've given a few presentations and written a few essays already and things are shaping up. Yes. Shaping up. Yes. Must keep repeating.... Things are shaping up, things are shaping up, things are shaping...

(Well, they are at the back of my head, anyway. The subconsious part. You know, the part everyone pretends actually exists.)

One small problem?

The damned topic keeps doing things in real life. Grrr.

Mmmmmm propaganda!

Enjoy!
再见。

2...thoughts from my fellow Saturnalians:

  • Careful, Chris. A blog is a marathon, not a sprint. If you don't keep yourself under control, you could burn out early and have a blog which lasts as long as your root studios blog...

    You should also look into becoming personal tutor to the Liberal Party of Canada on crafty trickery - you have much to teach O wise one.

    Hope you're doing well, and good luck with that thesis business. Slippery stuff, that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Jun 29, 06:21:00 p.m. ADT  

  • Neal, good to hear from you. Did I respond to your email? I think I did.

    Anyway, I was getting complaints (well, a complaint) that I hadn't posted anything "on a topic." Hence the liberal post above. I won't be updating this thing every day, I don't gather, but maybe every two days and so on.

    By Blogger C. LaRoche, at Thu Jun 29, 06:26:00 p.m. ADT  

Post a Comment

<< Home