(un)informed confusion
~ and other odd oddities ~

10.03.2006

Was that something about a Liberal?

Because the preliminary Liberal leadership delegate tally has been beaten to death on just about every other blog out there, I'd like to simply ask a favour: forget policies, forget histories, and forget this race -- if you had to vote Liberal, who you want standing next to Harper, Layton and Duceppe at the next leaders' debate, on a primal, instinctual (and perhaps rock-em-sock-em) gut level?

(Sadly, my answer is Pierre Trudeau. Even more sadly, I'm not sure his corpse would be able to take the heat from the bright TV lights without turning into small piles of half-mummified flesh. I suppose I'll take Ignatieff as a close second. *Sigh*).

Zaht is Ahl,
再见。

5...thoughts from my fellow Saturnalians:

  • Stephane Dion for me.

    By Blogger Eric, at Tue Oct 03, 01:55:00 p.m. ADT  

  • While I think Dion is certainly a smart individual and probably has the most federal experience out of the lot of them, I find him rather boring and unengaging on TV. The reality is that the new Liberal leader is going to have to be an experienced manager AND someone who can capture an audience through an electronic box -- and I'm not sure how well Dion scores on the latter.

    By Blogger C. LaRoche, at Tue Oct 03, 05:28:00 p.m. ADT  

  • Oh man, how I wish more people were asking themselves this question. The "who is more electable" "who has the best record" etc. fascination is going to tank everything, I think.

    I have two answers, I guess - Martha Hall Findlay, and Gerard Kennedy. I've been all over her, but am warming to him. I don't even agree with them overall -- but I think their hearts are really in the right place, that they are genuine, good, well-meaning people in politics for the right reasons.

    By Blogger Jacques Beau Vert, at Wed Oct 04, 07:39:00 p.m. ADT  

  • I like Kennedy, but he's got to get a cabinet position and build some support. As many people have noted, the only thing he has going for him aside from looks and charisma is his foodbank project. A foodbank project a governance track record does not make. And, apparently, you can have a BAD governance record and still score points (80% of Rae's... 35% of Dion's). He's new, but I think he needs a bigger poli resume to be comparable to Iggy, Rae, or Dion. Still he's doing well for someone who has LESS experience than, say, Brison.

    By Blogger C. LaRoche, at Wed Oct 04, 08:06:00 p.m. ADT  

  • I really think Kennedy is just a shell. He has given few ideas and those that he did, were really bad.

    The national education plan would send Quebec nationalists into a tizzy and Albertan seperatists into a rage, and it would do nothing at all. His 'i'm moving to Quebec' idiocy is typical of his poor judgement.

    Sorry JBGreen, but Kennedy is not what you and others are making him out to be.

    Even if his heart is in the right place, his head is not. And I think a defficiency in either is fatal.

    Martha Hall-Findlay I haven't heard enough of to make a good judgment.

    By Blogger Eric, at Thu Oct 05, 01:21:00 a.m. ADT  

Post a Comment

<< Home