(un)informed confusion
~ and other odd oddities ~

10.08.2006

Hmmm...

I have been listening to too much James Blunt.

You're beautiful? It's true.

Ugh. Pass the garlic powder.

(Real post coming soon...)

5...thoughts from my fellow Saturnalians:

  • Stop listening to Blunt... it's like suicide music for the depressed.

    Try switchin back to some classics. Bob Seger, Dire Staits, Rod Stewart.... that will set you back in motion.

    Classics I tell ya.

    By Blogger Forward Looking Canadian, at Sun Oct 08, 08:03:00 p.m. ADT  

  • Rod Stewart? What are you ****ing kidding me? The only good thing Rod Stewart ever took part in was a late 60s easrly 70s Jeff Beck album called "Truth." After that it went downhill.

    Real 'classics' = Gershwin, Blue Eyes, Rodgers and Hart, Irving Berlin, Jerome Kern, Oscar Hammerstein... maybe Elvis... you know, the good ol' American song book.

    Of course, none of those 1920-1940 tunes are all that uplifting either :)

    Blunt is a half-decent songwriter. And apparently a decent singer---although I think his techs should slow the RPM on all his masters down so he sounds less like a cat that's gotten stuck in a small hole or something, and more like an actual person with a reasonable singing range.

    By Blogger C. LaRoche, at Sun Oct 08, 09:44:00 p.m. ADT  

  • Hmmm, I'm surprised none of the ladies have commented on this one...

    By Blogger C. LaRoche, at Mon Oct 09, 10:29:00 a.m. ADT  

  • Diccon: I can't get your blog link to work. Any ideas?

    By Blogger C. LaRoche, at Thu Oct 12, 08:41:00 a.m. ADT  

  • A slightly delayed response, but one was needed from the fairer sex.

    I have to be in the mood to listen to JB, because like Riley said, he can be a tad depressing. That being said, I'm still a sucker for his sweet lyrics, and even moreso for his life story. Have you read up on him? "No Bravery" is a great song for this reason....

    All that aside, I never pegged you as a JB-lover.

    (I am now making a large "L" shape with my thumb and index finger, and placing it carefully against my forhead)

    Aims :)

    By Blogger Aimee White, at Mon Oct 16, 11:11:00 a.m. ADT  

Post a Comment

<< Home